Wondering where to stay while being in Athens for our joyful festival?
We have the solution for you! Athens has numerous accommodation options and depending on your budget, you can find what is the best for you. However, emJoy has some special agreements with the following hotels and hostels, only for the participants of our conference.
Golden Age Hotel: You could stay in the actual venue of our conference. The Golden Age Hotel of Athens is located right in the center of Athens, in walking distance from the Megaro Mousikis metro station or just 8 minutes by bus from Syntagma Square.
Mention emJoy Conference 2019 and benefit from the following prices*:
- Single room: 125,00 € with breakfast per room per night.
- Double room: 135,00 € with breakfast per room per night.
*Available upon direct request and subject to availability.
In both cases:
- Stayover tax: 3,00 € per room per night.
- 10% discount off orders from the hotel’s Bar or Resaturant.
Athens Diamond Homtel: The Athens Diamond Homtel is allocated in Athens city center, just 100m from the parliament and Syntagma square (main junction of METRO) just between Ermou str. (main commercial road) and Mitropoleos str. (Plaka area). You can reach the conference venue easily by metro or bus from Syntagma Square.
In order to benefit from the 10% discount you should contact directly the hotel reception either by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the following phone number: +30 2103232443. In any case, you should mention our emJoy conference.
* Please note that reservations through other channels are not compilable with the offer.
Bedbox Hostel: Bedbox Hostel is located in Athens City Centre, 300 metres from Ermou Street and 300 metres from Monastiraki Square. To reach our conference venue, you can take the metro from Monastiraki square (direction to the Airport) and get off at Megaro Mousikis metro station. Our venue is only 5 minutes walking distance from there.
Book your accommodation directly with the Bedbox Hostel following that link and benefit from the 15% discount. Don’t forget to mention your participation in the emJoy conference when paying for your booking.
Nubian Hostel: Nubian Hostel is located in the neighbourhood of Exarhia in the city centre of Athens, very close to Panepistimio metro station. There are plenty of buses getting you to the conference venue from Akadimias street or you can use the metro line (change from the red to the blue line in Syntagma metro station).
Follow this link to book your accommodation at Nubian Hostel. In order to benefit from the 10% discount, you should send an e-mail to the hotel mentioning your participation in the emJoy conference. Your will pay for your booking upon arrival at the hotel.
There are many ways to reach your accommondation from the Athens Airport.
Book your transfer through our partner Welcome Pickups and don’t worry about anything else. A welcoming professional driver will wait for you in the airport to transfer you quickly to your accommodation.
Alternatively, there are public transportation options:
- Χ96 Express Airport Bus
Duration: 1-1,5 hour
Price: 6 €
- M3 Metro line
Duration: 55 minutes
Price: 10 €
Places to visit:
We would recommend that you visit Acropolis, the National Gardens, the Museum of Cycladic Art etc. Find lots of useful information and beatiful spots to visit here.
We strongly advise you to lose yourself in Plaka’s streets, explore hidden small parks and beautiful views of the ancient ruins. Take your time to walk in Aeropagitou street that leads to Herodion Theatre. Don’t miss the chance to walk through the Monastiraki Market and then stroll around Thisio. And while doing all that, don’t forget to take a take-away freddo coffee like a real Greek. 🙂
Traditional desserts, food and coffee places:
- Books&Beans: That is a place for whoever loves books. Books&Beans is the most cute bookstore coffee place where you can just go and chill reading a book. They have a very inspiring place with chairs and sofas and a cute garden. Tip: Try the homemade ice teas!
- Krinos (since 1953): One of the most traditional places where you can eat the famous sweet loukoumades with honey or melted chocolate (or both). It is crowded every day but it is a must for the sweet lovers.
- Yiasemi: Yiasemi (=jasmin) is a cafe shop in the beautiful streets of Plaka where you can just relax and drink traditional lemonade and eat the delicious homemade pies and desserts.
- Kandavlos: A little further, in the area of Thisio, in Keramikos is located the best souvlaki of Athens! Try the wrap with gyros and the feta with honey and you will definitely not regret it!
- Kolokotroni Str.: If you want a night walk in Athens there are a lot of beautiful bars in this street. Feel free to check even the tiniest streets for hidden bars. 🙂